Posts tagged Casa de Pico
Enjoy Valentine’s Day Dinner at Casa de Pico!0
Treat your loved one (and yourself!) to this special Mexican feast for only $29.95!
Casa de Pico is Now on Instagram!0
Casa de Pico is on Instagram! Follow us to get the latest on specials, events and ever-so-savory food photos. Make sure to tag #CasadePico on your pictures so we can like and share our favorites.
Download Casa de Pico’s Mobile App!0
Have you downloaded the Casa de Pico restaurant app? You can quickly give us a call, calculate your tip, view our Happy Hour specials AND take great photos marked with our logo! This app conveniently places our menu, specials and entertainment schedule in the palm of your hands.
Any information you might need to plan your Casa de Pico Mexican dining experience can now be on the home screen of your smart phone. Pick a date, grab a friend and document your fiesta with our Casa de Pico Funpix! Don’t forget to share your photos with us by tagging #CasadePico.
Holiday Parties and Office Lunches Become a Fiesta at Casa de Pico0
Give your holiday fiesta some Casa de Pico flare, and let us host it here! You’ll find splashing fountains, festive strolling mariachis and frosty Birdbath Margaritas that will fill your guests with cheer at your exciting Mexican fiesta holiday party or company lunch! Choose from one of our affordable event packages, or let us work with you to custom design your perfect menu.
Indulge in authentic award-winning Mexican cuisine among beautifully decorated dining rooms and an enchanting outdoor patio. Diane Powers’ Casa de Pico is a top East County destination for regionally inspired Mexican fare.
Decorated with hand-crafted furnishings, fine Mexican folk art, and colorful hand painted murals, guests feel the warmth and romance of Mexico as soon as they enter the door. Diners can enjoy giant Birdbath Margaritas while being charmed nightly by strolling mariachis playing popular Mexican ballads – making it a great place to bring family or colleagues for a very special holiday experience.
Casa de Pico offers abundant banquet and catering menu options featuring award-winning authentic Mexican cuisine. Only the freshest ingredients are used for their 14 salsas and sauces made fresh daily, delicious selections of homemade salad dressings, and hot corn and flour tortillas prepared throughout the day. Popular dishes include the flavorful Carnitas, succulent pork served in the traditional Mexican style with hot tortillas, Pico beans, guacamole, salsa fresca, onions and cilantro. During the holidays, Casa de Pico serves delectable Holiday Turkey Tamales, a beloved Mexican tradition, filled with tender turkey, raisins, chopped pecans and apples, all topped with a rich mole sauce and sesame seeds.
Casa de Pico also caters to the diner’s dietary needs with gluten-free, vegetarian and healthy dining selections.
Give your guests a fiesta to remember!
To let us bring the fiesta to you, call us at 619-463-3267 to discuss party-to-go options or visit our website to view our take-out catering menu.
Sweets, Treats and Good Eats at Casa de Pico0
Stressed spelled backwards is desserts. Coincidence? We think not! Come relax with us and complete your meal with one of our mouth-watering desserts. Our “postres” menu is loaded with Deep Fried Ice Cream, traditional Churros and many other satisfying treats for your sweet-tooth.
- Chocolate Lava Cake – Moist chocolate cake filled with chocolate lava and topped with ice cream and whipped cream.
- Deep Fried Ice Cream – A mound of creamy vanilla ice cream in a crispy cinnamon-sprinkled crust, topped with whipped cream and chocolate syrup.
- Dulce Burrito Frito – A hot, crispy dessert burrito filled with custard, drizzled caramel sauce and served with vanilla ice cream.
- Sopapillas – Two deep-fried pastries topped with cinnamon sugar and served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Buñuelo & Ice Cream – A crispy flour tortilla smothered with melted butter and cinnamon sugar, topped with vanilla ice cream and whipped cream.
- Flan — Traditional Mexican style custard with delicious caramel sauce.
- Churros & Ice Cream – Golden fried churros dusted with cinnamon sugar and served with vanilla ice cream.
- Patron XO Coffee – Patrón XO Café Liqueur and coffee topped with whipped cream and cinnamon
There is always room for dessert here at Casa de Pico!
Say Hello to Healthy! Now Welcoming 6 New Low-Calorie Entrees.0
Healthy dining…Mexican style? Only at Diane Powers’ Bazaar del Mundo Restaurant Group, where six flavorful and regionally-inspired Mexican entrees are new – and all under 650 calories! Gluten-free choices are also included.
The chefs at Powers’ award-winning Mexican restaurants (including our sister-restaurants Casa Guadalajara in Old Town, Casa de Bandini in Carlsbad and Casa Sol y Mar in Del Mar Highlands) have created lighter selections using the finest and freshest ingredients, with homemade salsas and sauces newly prepared every day:
- Camarones del Pacifico: The ultimate shrimp ceviche marinated and poached in Pacifico beer, lime juice, red onions, Tajin and cucumbers – 290 calories
- *Ensalada de Chef Ignacio: Grilled chicken, avocado slices, tomatoes, queso Oaxaca and thin red onion, served with spicy chipotle light ranch dressing – 510 calories; gluten free
- *Turkey Picadillo Enchiladas: Turkey Picadillo Enchiladas topped with salsa verde and queso cotija, served with black beans and jicama slaw – 560 calories; gluten free
- Turkey Picadillo Soft Tacos: Two soft, ground turkey tacos with pico de gallo, pickled red onions, queso cotija, served with black beans, arroz poblana and salsa quemada – 490 calories
- Tacos de Pescado Tropicales: Grilled fish with pineapple and mango salsa in soft corn tortillas, served with jicama slaw, light sour cream jalapeño lemon sauce, and black beans – 650 calories
- *Ensalada de Carne Asada: Grilled and marinated carne asada, with sliced avocado, tomatoes, queso cotija, sliced radishes, spring mix of romaine and cilantro lime dressing – 390 calories; gluten free
* = gluten-free selections
Diners can enjoy the new healthy dining entrees while washing them down with a frosty Skinny Margarita, made with Tres Agaves nectar and under 100 calories. ¡Salud!
Welcome, Casa Sol y Mar!0
Help us welcome Casa Sol y Mar to Diane Powers’ Bazaar del Mundo Restaurant family!
Casa Sol y Mar – the fourth restaurant in a family of fine Mexican eateries dispersed throughoutSan Diego– opened in May. The restaurant is located in the bustling Del Mar Highlands Town Center at 12865 El Camino Real, and is elaborately designed to reflect the true spirit ofMexico.
“Our philosophy is to offer great value and a delightful Mexican dining experience,” said Powers. “This includes memorable flavors, abundant selections, high quality and fresh ingredients, and a spirited, authentic environment that captures the essence of Mexican traditions.”
Guests will sense the warmth and enchantment ofMexicoas they enter through the beautiful wood and glass doors and find themselves standing beneath a high glowing ceiling and breathtaking iron chandelier. The interior of the restaurant is artfully painted in a fiesta of gold, crimson, and orange jewel tones, sparkling from wall to wall with Mexican folk art, festive embellishments, and glazed Mexican accent tiles in red, emerald, and orange hues.
The delicious menu is comprised of traditional Mexican dishes with an emphasis on flavor and freshness, including a large selection of regional entrees made from scratch, and award-winning seafood recipes that have been in the Bazaar del Mundo family for decades. The menu also features newly created small plates and appetizers, as well as entrees with a contemporary twist. Homemade dressings, salsas, guacamole and sauces are made fresh daily, along with hot corn and flour tortillas. There is also an extensive children’s menu, appetizing entrée salads and countless gluten-free, vegetarian and healthy dining selections.
In the lively cantina, guests enjoy giant frosty margaritas, sip fine Mexican beers and consume tasty appetizers and entrees. The cantina features flat screen TVs and reclaimed wood tables framed with black hammered iron and custom bar stools upholstered with bright wool fabrics hand woven by artisans in Oaxara, Mexico. In addition, Casa Sol y Mar offers a collection of top shelf, premium and specialty tequilas including Reposado and Anejo-aged in white oak casts for more than a year. Check out the Cantina menu here.
The Bazaar del Mundo Restaurants are famous for cheerful, strolling Mariachis who serenade guests Wednesday through Sunday evenings – completing the cultural experience.
Casa de Pico Restaurant Week Extended: Check Out Our Menus!0
Casa de Pico: Proud to Participate in Restaurant Week January 13-180
Casa de Pico’s Gift Card Is The Perfect Stocking Stuffer!0