Posts tagged healthy mexican food
Casa de Pico is on Instagram! Follow us to get the latest on specials, events and ever-so-savory food photos. Make sure to tag #CasadePico on your pictures so we can like and share our favorites.
Healthy dining…Mexican style? Only at Diane Powers’ Bazaar del Mundo Restaurant Group, where six flavorful and regionally-inspired Mexican entrees are new – and all under 650 calories! Gluten-free choices are also included.
The chefs at Powers’ award-winning Mexican restaurants (including our sister-restaurants Casa Guadalajara in Old Town, Casa de Bandini in Carlsbad and Casa Sol y Mar in Del Mar Highlands) have created lighter selections using the finest and freshest ingredients, with homemade salsas and sauces newly prepared every day:
- Camarones del Pacifico: The ultimate shrimp ceviche marinated and poached in Pacifico beer, lime juice, red onions, Tajin and cucumbers – 290 calories
- *Ensalada de Chef Ignacio: Grilled chicken, avocado slices, tomatoes, queso Oaxaca and thin red onion, served with spicy chipotle light ranch dressing – 510 calories; gluten free
- *Turkey Picadillo Enchiladas: Turkey Picadillo Enchiladas topped with salsa verde and queso cotija, served with black beans and jicama slaw – 560 calories; gluten free
- Turkey Picadillo Soft Tacos: Two soft, ground turkey tacos with pico de gallo, pickled red onions, queso cotija, served with black beans, arroz poblana and salsa quemada – 490 calories
- Tacos de Pescado Tropicales: Grilled fish with pineapple and mango salsa in soft corn tortillas, served with jicama slaw, light sour cream jalapeño lemon sauce, and black beans – 650 calories
- *Ensalada de Carne Asada: Grilled and marinated carne asada, with sliced avocado, tomatoes, queso cotija, sliced radishes, spring mix of romaine and cilantro lime dressing – 390 calories; gluten free
* = gluten-free selections
Diners can enjoy the new healthy dining entrees while washing them down with a frosty Skinny Margarita, made with Tres Agaves nectar and under 100 calories. ¡Salud!
Casa de Pico was recently featured on Healthy Dining Finder for delicious and low-calorie entrees!
Did you know that our Healthy Dining menu offers meals as low as 268 calories? Try our Fiesta Fajitas, full of vegetables sautéed with achiote sauce and served on soft tortillas with black beans and rice. Arroz con Pollo a la Mexicana is a chicken breast with bell peppers, tomatoes and onions, served with Mexican rice, black beans and tortillas. Other selections include delicious Grilled Fish Tacos, Ensalada de Camarones or Black Bean Burrito.
If you’re still on track with your 2014 resolution to eat healthy, continue your journey at Casa de Pico.
To view our Healthy Dining menu, visit our website.
Happy New Year from our family at Casa de Pico! If you’re among the millions of Americans fighting to be fitter in 2014, you’ll be happy to know you don’t have to quit eating out. Our talented chef has prepared a number of authentic Mexican entrees bursting with flavor, that won’t ruin your resolutions!
Our delicious Grilled Fish Tacos weigh in at 540 calories and come with two soft tacos with grilled fish, shredded cabbage and creamy jalapeño lime sauce, served with pico de gallo and black beans. Our Chicken Fajita Salad will satisfy your taste buds, offering greens and sautéed chicken fajitas with tomatoes and onions, served in a crispy flour tortilla with guacamole – and only has 435 calories.
To top it off, sip one of our refreshing and frosty skinny margaritas, with under 100 calories! Who says eating healthy can’t be a “fiesta”?
To view more of our healthy selections, see our full menu here.
Healthy options can be few and far between when dining out – but not at Casa de Pico!
Two of our favorite dishes off the Healthy Dining Menu were recently featured on Healthy Dining Finder. The Grilled Chicken and Avocado Tacos – two soft tacos served with pico de gallo and black beans – were recommended as Healthy Dining Options at Mexican Restaurants. Our Ensalada de Camerones – a fresh salad with grilled shrimp, avocado, gorgonzola cheese and tomatoes, tossed with a cilantro lime dressing – was also suggested as a way to enjoy healthy barbeque without creating a mess at home.
Guests can feel good when eating with us. With several healthy and delicious selections traditional Mexican dishes, there is something for everyone at Casa de Pico.